By Paris Buttfield-Addison, Tim Nugent
Get on top of things on Cocoa and Objective-C, and begin constructing functions at the iOS and OS X structures. should you don’t have event with Apple’s developer instruments, no challenge! From object-oriented programming to storing app info in iCloud, the fourth version of this ebook covers every little thing you must construct apps for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
You’ll paintings with the Xcode IDE, Objective-C’s origin library, and different developer instruments akin to occasion equipment framework and center Animation. alongside the best way, you’ll construct instance initiatives, together with an easy Objective-C software, a customized view, an easy video participant software, and an app that screens calendar occasions for the user.
- Learn the appliance lifecycle on OS X and iOS
- Work with the user-interface method in Cocoa and Cocoa Touch
- Use AV beginning to reveal video and audio
- Build apps that permit clients create, edit, and paintings with documents
- Store info in the neighborhood with the dossier process, or at the community with iCloud
- Display lists or collections of knowledge with desk perspectives and assortment views
- Interact with the surface global with center situation and middle Motion
- Use blocks and operation queues for multiprocessing
If you’re grounded within the fundamentals of Objective-C and Xcode, this functional advisor takes you thru the elements you would like for construction your personal iOS apps. With examples from genuine apps and programming occasions, you’ll the way to create perspectives, control view controllers, and use iOS frameworks for including positive aspects reminiscent of audio and video.
- Learn the best way to create, set up, draw, layer, and animate views—and lead them to reply to contact
- Use view controllers to regulate a number of displays of fabric in a manner that’s comprehensible to clients
- Explore UIKit interface widgets in-depth, similar to scroll perspectives, desk perspectives, textual content, net perspectives, and controls
- Delve into Cocoa frameworks for sensors, maps, situation, sound, and video
- Access consumer libraries: song, images, deal with e-book, and calendar
- Examine extra issues together with documents, threading, and networking
New iOS 7 themes lined contain asset catalogs, snapshots, template photos, keyframe and spring view animation, movement results, tint colour, fullscreen perspectives and bar underlapping, historical past downloading and app refresh, textual content equipment, Dynamic variety, speech synthesis, etc. instance tasks can be found on GitHub.
Want to sweep up at the basics? choose up iOS 7 Programming Fundamentals to benefit approximately Objective-C, Xcode, and Cocoa language positive factors akin to notifications, delegation, reminiscence administration, and key-value coding. including Programming iOS 7, you’ll achieve an outstanding, rigorous, and useful knowing of iOS 7 development.
By Jesse Liberty
If you are a amateur programmer and also you are looking to examine C#, there will not be many books that would advisor you. so much C# books are written for skilled C++ and Java programmers.That's why Jesse Liberty, writer of the best-selling books Programming C# and Programming ASP.NET, has written an entry-level consultant to C#.
Written in a hot and pleasant demeanour, Learning C# assumes no previous programming event, and gives a radical advent to Microsoft's prime .NET language. The publication is helping you construct a superb beginning in .NET, and exhibits you ways to use your talents by utilizing dozens of proven examples. you will know about the syntax and constitution of the C# language, together with operators, sessions and interfaces, structs, arrays, and strings.
Better but, this up to date version of Learning C# has been thoroughly revised to incorporate the most recent additions to the C# language plus numerous studying aids to assist lock-in new wisdom and talents. here is what is new:
- Extensive revisions to the textual content and examples to mirror C# 2005 and .NET 2.0 changes
- An creation to visible Studio 2005, the most well-liked software for construction home windows and internet applications
- More than 2 hundred questions and entirely debugged programming routines with solutions
- A higher emphasis on occasion handling
- New insurance of generics, known collections, partial periods, nameless equipment and more.
By the time you will have accomplished Learning C#, you may be able to flow directly to a extra complex programming advisor that can assist you create large-scale internet and home windows purposes.
Whether you will have a bit object-oriented programming event otherwise you are new to programming altogether, Learning C# will set you firmly in your solution to gaining knowledge of the necessities of the C# language.
Express in Action is a delicately designed instructional that teaches you ways to construct net purposes utilizing Node and Express.
Purchase of the print publication features a loose e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
About the Book
Express in Action teaches you the way to construct net purposes utilizing Node and convey. It begins via introducing Node's robust features and exhibits you ways they map to the positive factors of exhibit. you will discover key improvement recommendations, meet the wealthy environment of significant other instruments and libraries, and get a glimpse into its internal workings. by means of the tip of the ebook, one could use exhibit to construct a Node app and understand how to check it, hook it as much as a database, and automate the dev approach.
- Simplify Node app setup with Express
- Testing convey applications
- Use convey for simple entry to Node features
- Data garage with MongoDB
- Covers exhibit four and exhibit five alpha
About the Reader
About the Author
Table of Contents
- What is Express?
- The fundamentals of Node.js
- Foundations of Express
- Building APIs
- Views and templates: Pug and EJS
- Persisting your facts with MongoDB
- Testing convey applications
- Deployment: resources and Heroku
- Best practices
PART 1 INTRO
PART 2 CORE
PART three convey IN CONTEXT
By Bruce Johnson
The final builders' consultant to visible Studio 2012
This professional Wrox consultant is what you must wake up and operating fast on visible Studio 2012. Written by means of a Microsoft visible C# MVP, it publications you thru the built-in improvement setting (IDE), exhibiting you the way to maximise all new instruments and improvements.
- Offers programmers a quick approach to IDE-centric programming success
- Demonstrates new IDE beneficial properties, together with the recent Metro variety app undertaking templates and home windows eight app shop features
- Explains each one characteristic, then illustrates the context within which it's going to assist you clear up problems
- Covers well timed and crucial themes on the topic of wealthy buyer app improvement, internet purposes, program companies, dossier configuration, debugging and checking out, and more
- Helps complicated clients customise and expand visible Studio throughout the Automation version, writing macros, operating with the controlled Extensibility Framework (MEF), and more
- Provides plentiful aspect for programmers who're new to visible Studio 2012, in addition to for knowledgeable programmers exploring the complex functions of the IDE
Professional visible Studio 2012 makes use of a distinct, IDE-centric method of assist you wake up and working fast in this intriguing new release.
By Darryl Gove
Write High-Performance, Highly-Scalable Multicore purposes for Any major and OS Environment
Programmers who know the way to leverage today’s multicore processors can in attaining amazing functionality advancements, yet multicore programming has frequently been considered as advanced and hard. Multicore program Programming is the answer: a accomplished, sensible advisor to high-performance multicore programming that any skilled developer can use.
Author Darryl Gove covers all best ways to virtualization on a number of major systems, together with Linux, Oracle Solaris, Mac OS X, and home windows. via sensible examples, he illuminates the demanding situations excited by writing purposes that totally make the most of multicore positive factors, assisting you produce purposes which are functionally right, supply more suitable functionality, and scale good to 8 cores, 16 cores, and beyond.
Gove unearths how particular implementations impression software functionality and exhibits how you can keep away from universal power programming pitfalls. step-by-step, you’ll write functions which could deal with huge numbers of parallel threads, and you’ll grasp today’s such a lot complex parallelization concepts. You’ll find out how to:
- Identify your top possibilities to exploit parallelism
- Share info accurately among a number of threads
- Write functions utilizing POSIX or home windows threads
- Take good thing about automated parallelization and OpenMP
- Hand-code synchronization and sharing
- Overcome universal hindrances to scaling
- Apply new ways to writing right, quick, scalable parallel code
Multicore software Programming isn’t wedded to a unmarried procedure or platform: it really is for each skilled C programmer operating with any modern multicore processor in any prime working procedure setting.
By Massimo Nardone
Beginning personal home page and MySQL: From amateur to specialist, 5th Edition is an enormous replace of W. Jason Gilmore's authoritative publication on Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL. the newest version contains distinctive directions for configuring the last word Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL improvement atmosphere on all significant structures, whole insurance of the most recent additions and enhancements to the personal home page language, assurance of the Composer dependency supervisor, and thorough introductions to MySQL’s such a lot relied-upon features.
You'll not just obtain wide introductions to the middle gains of Hypertext Preprocessor, MySQL, and comparable instruments, yet you will additionally the way to successfully combine them as a way to construct strong data-driven purposes. Authors Jason Gilmore and Massimo Nardone draw upon greater than fifteen years of expertise operating with those applied sciences to pack this booklet with useful examples and perception into the real-world demanding situations confronted via builders. hence, you are going to time and again go back to this booklet as either a helpful tutorial device and reference advisor. a few of the book’s highlights include:
- Detailed directions concerning fitting personal home page, MySQL and a number of other renowned net servers
- A thorough creation to the personal home page language, together with its string dealing with, networking, varieties processing, and object-oriented features
An broad evaluation of MySQL’s basic gains, together with supported facts forms, database administration syntax, set off, view, kept regimen syntax, and import/export capabilities
By Joe Celko
SQL for Smarties was once hailed because the first publication dedicated explicitly to the complex concepts had to remodel an skilled SQL programmer into a professional. Now, 10 years later and within the 3rd version, this vintage nonetheless reigns excellent because the publication written by way of an SQL grasp that teaches destiny SQL masters. those will not be simply guidance and methods; Joe additionally deals the easiest options to previous and new demanding situations and conveys how you have to imagine in an effort to get the main out of SQL programming efforts for either correctness and function.
In the 3rd version, Joe beneficial properties new examples and updates to SQL-99, multiplied sections of question recommendations, and a brand new part on schema layout, with an identical war-story educating sort that made the 1st and moment versions of this publication classics.
* specialist recommendation from a famous SQL authority and award-winning columnist, who has given ten years of provider to the ANSI SQL criteria committee and lots of extra years of liable aid to readers of on-line boards.
* Teaches ratings of complex concepts that may be used with any product, in any SQL atmosphere, if it is an SQL-92 or SQL-99 setting.
* deals advice for operating round method deficiencies.
* keeps to take advantage of struggle stories--updated!--that supply insights into real-world SQL programming demanding situations.
Build strong and scalable iOS and Mac OS X online game applications
About This Book
- Learn to take advantage of and enforce the 23 Gang of 4 layout styles utilizing quick 2
- Design and architect your code for speedy software development
- Understand the position, standard UML layout, and individuals within the classification diagram of the development through enforcing them in a step by step approach
Who This ebook Is For
This e-book is meant for useful speedy builders who are looking to follow enduring layout styles with quick to constitution and scale their program code.
What you are going to Learn
- Choose the suitable development looking on the matter to be solved
- Understand the widespread category diagram of every of the 23 GoF styles and the way every one item participates within the pattern
- Use rapid to enforce those styles even if the language does not supply the entire object-oriented programming innovations comparable to summary category, interface, and so on
- Architect your software program to prevent the overuse of reminiscence, time spent on calculations, or excessive community traffic
- Find the right way to manage your code to make it safer from the skin world
- Prepare your code to make it extra versatile while the patron alterations or the third-party part hidden code changes
- Structure your code to alter the set of rules to use at runtime
- Deliver Flyweight accountability on your objects
Swift is a multi-paradigm language. It has expressive good points known to these used to paintings with sleek practical languages, whereas additionally conserving the object-oriented positive factors of Objective-C. It is still suitable with Apple's legacy codes and frameworks. A layout trend systematically names, motivates, and explains a common layout that addresses a habitual layout challenge in object-oriented platforms. It describes the matter, the answer, whilst to use the answer, and its effects. It additionally supplies implementation tricks and examples. wisdom approximately layout styles can be one of the simplest ways to make you various in comparison to different low-level developers.
This publication exhibits you ways to exploit speedy 2 to profit approximately 23 Gang of 4 (GoF) layout styles, and is equipped into 3 different types. The booklet will current you the 5 creational styles, by means of the seven structural styles, and completing with the eleven behavioral styles as outlined by way of the GoF. each one bankruptcy will introduce the trend via defining its function, which universal difficulties the development may be used for, its wide-spread UML illustration, how every one items offered within the category diagram perform the trend, and what the function of every of those items is. The e-book then offers you with a concrete case for instance that may be used to enforce the development utilizing Swift.
Style and approach
A step by step educational accomplished with screenshots and code highlights anywhere worthwhile. each one bankruptcy discusses a number of styles with its definitions and a simple-to-follow representation case utilizing a playground or XCText undertaking to enforce it with Swift.
Dive into the realm of the Flask microframework to strengthen an array of internet applications
About This Book
- Structure, compose, and construct strong Flask HTML-based functions and JSON/XML-based APIs utilizing complicated program layout patterns
- Integrate third-party Flask extensions for initiatives reminiscent of social authentication, sending emails, and interacting with databases and cache layers
- Build a sequence of Flask functions of accelerating complexity
Who This ebook Is For
If you're a Python net developer who has built uncomplicated Flask functions and now desires to construct a chain of extra advanced internet purposes, then this is often the ebook for you.
What you'll Learn
- Use the virtualenv Python package deal to successfully isolate your improvement environments
- Convert an easy one-file Flask program right into a extra full-fledged multi-package application
- Integrate Flask-Login for easy person authentication, Flask-WTF for kinds, and Flask-SQLAlchemy for database interactions
- Explore URL routing and dispatching in a blueprint established application
- Create your personal signs and eat them inside your application
- Learn to leverage Werkzeug, the WSGI library that powers a lot of Flask
- Implement customized exceptions for dealing with non-20x reaction codes
- Write your individual CLI instruments for administrative and improvement projects of your Flask program utilizing Flask-Script/Click
- Build your Flask extensions to encapsulate reusable behaviors throughout your applications
Flask is a small yet robust internet improvement framework for Python. even though Flask is called a micro-framework, it's no approach missing in performance; there are numerous extensions to be had to Flask which is helping it to operate on the comparable point as different huge frameworks equivalent to Django and Ruby on Rails.
This publication will display find out how to improve a sequence of net software initiatives with the Python internet micro-framework, and leverage extensions and exterior Python libraries and APIs to increase the improvement of quite a few better and extra advanced net applications.
The booklet will begin through explaining Python's Virtualenv library and the way to create and turn among a number of digital environments. you will first construct an SQL database-backed software, so that it will use Flask-WTF, Flask-SQLAlchemy, Jinja templates, and different equipment. subsequent you will circulation directly to a timeline software, outfitted utilizing ideas together with pytest-Flask, the Blinker package deal, facts modelling for consumer timelines, exception dealing with, and developing and organizing CLI tools.
Moving on, you will discover tips on how to enforce a photograph timeline software the place you are going to discover issues resembling writing and working celery projects, API errors dealing with and trying out, and Werkzeug middlewares.
Finally, the ebook walks you thru growing an program which fetches info from GitHub and shops it in the community. additionally, you will set up and configure Flask-Click extension.
Style and approach
This publication covers tips on how to successfully use the Flask micro-framework to strengthen a chain of net purposes. each one bankruptcy focusses at the improvement of an software expanding in complexity with effortless steps to follow.